For any non-semester NOLS Expedition
NOLS scholarships are need-based, and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage you to apply early. Please be aware that full scholarships are not available at this time, and scholarships are now only available for courses starting Fall 2021 and later.
Use the following form to apply for a scholarship after enrolling on your expedition.
If you are enrolled on a different type of NOLS course, follow these links for the corresponding financial aid information.
- NOLS Expedition Semester Scholarship Application
- NOLS Wilderness Medicine courses, LNT Master Educator, NOLS Custom Education
If you're not sure which application you should use, please call 800-710-6657 ext. 1.
Before you begin
Gather these items before you begin. You will not have the opportunity to save your application once you start. You must be enrolled on a course before you apply for a scholarship.
- Your Application ID. Find this by logging into your NOLS.edu course dashboard. The Application ID can be found in the top left corner.
- Your most recent 1040 tax form.
- Your parents’ or guardians’ most recent 1040 tax form if you will be 24 or younger on December 31 of the year in which you are applying for a scholarship. Learn more about your dependency status.